Thread Vein Removal
Are you looking for thread vein removal treatment?
Although extremely common and harmless, thread veins can also be very embarrassing. They are twisted, small vessels that run below the skin’s surface.
They often appear red, but can also be purple in colour.
Another common name used to describe them is spider veins, due to their cobweb appearance.
Generally, they occur on the face, but also occur on the back of legs too.
If you’d like more information on this treatment, you can book a consultation with Dr Zokaie now
What Causes Thread Veins?
Thread/spider veins are caused when the valves in your small blood vessels become damaged.
This causes blood to pool inside the veins and thus, gives a prominent coloured and branched look to the smaller veins in your legs or face.
Genetics are thought to be the biggest factor. The greater the familial link there is, means the greater number of relatives you have suffering from thread veins and as a result, the greater the chance of you suffering from them too.
Here are some of the main causes of thread/spider veins:
- It is thought that the biggest cause of thread veins is genetics and your parents.
- Trauma, particularly if you have suffered from skin bruising or extensive surgical scarring where fat has been destroyed, is another cause.
- Changes in your menstrual cycle changes
- Standing for long periods of time
- From exposure to extreme cold conditions (or vice versa in extreme heat)
The Thread Vein Removal Procedure
Treatment for spider veins has never been so convenient. We can remove the thread veins without causing any disruptions to your circulation – meaning you can almost immediately go back to normality!
At LINIA Skin Clinic, we use laser technology such as the Nd-YAG laser to help remove the initial unsightly appearance of the veins.
The laser will be absorbed by the blood within the veins, whilst the blood vessels will be heated up until they’re removed.
Once they have been removed, they are of no use to you, therefore they are reabsorbed back into the blood – creating a smoother finish to your skin!
Benefits of Thread Vein Laser Removal
There are various benefits to thread vein treatment on legs and thread vein treatment on the face. Although it varies from client to client, the most common include:
- Improved self-esteem
- Increased confidence to wear a much wider range of clothes
- Laser thread vein removal is one of the fastest methods available. Some clients can have their treatment during lunch breaks at work
- There is no down time at all, meaning you can carry on as normal with your day to day activities after a thread vein removal session
- As a special and powerful laser is used in our thread vein removal treatment, it is completely non-invasive and nonsurgical
- It is generally considered to be more effective than alternative methods for treating thread veins with 90% of patients seeing excellent improvement according to studies
Can You Prevent Thread Veins?
Unfortunately, due to both your genetic disposition and because they can come as a natural effect of aging, there is no real way to fully prevent thread veins.
However, you can lower the chance of suffering from thread veins. This can be done by:
- Manage your weight
- Maintain a healthy routine of exercise and tone the muscles in your legs, as this will improve blood flow
- If you need to be on your feet for a prolonged time when you are working, regularly stretch the muscles in your legs to increase your circulation
- If pregnant, you should try to sleep on your side, instead of sleeping on your back
- Keep your face away from extreme temperatures and conditions
Does Laser Thread/Spider Vein Treatment Hurt?
As we’ve already highlighted, the laser thread vein treatment available from LINIA Skin CLinic is non-invasive, it is not painful. However, it can be uncomfortable for some.
The upside is that most clients have found the discomfort they experience bearable.
If, at any point during either your facial thread vein treatment or leg vein treatment, the discomfort is too much, you can always let our specialist know.
When those situations arise, you will either be given time to take a break from the treatment and/or the specialist will apply some topical numbing cream to the area being treated.
Is Thread Vein Removal Permanent?
The results and how long they last varies from client to client. Generally, the same veins won’t reappear.
However, new veins still may appear in different areas, requiring further treatment.
We recommend clients have around 5 sessions of treatment for blemish-free and smooth skin.
Cost of Thread Vein Treatment
At LINIA Skin CLinic we offer the option to have a number of sessions, dependent on the severity of your spider veins. Price is dependent on whether you have the treatment on your legs or face and whether it’s minor, intermediate or major it can range from £150 to around £1,300. You will be provided with a more accurate price once you’ve been assessed at your consultation.
* Every patient is a unique individual and every surgery has unique aspects. Therefore, results may vary. To read our full disclaimer please click here.