Skin Peel Treatment
When it comes to skin care, we value the importance of remodelling and restructuring. Our skin peels are perfect for facilitating this process.
At LINIA Skin Clinic, we have developed a range of skin peeling treatments which are ideal for renewing the skin around the face and delving straight in to remove any impurities.
BOOK NOW for a consultation
Who Can Benefit From Skin Peels?
We recommend our facial peel treatment for anyone looking to reduce the impact on sun damaged and ageing skin, as well as anyone looking at rejuvenating their youthful complexion.
Not only does our skin peeling treatment provide maximal results, it can enable you to carry on with your day to day tasks with ease, with little recovery time required.
Our facial peels are extremely safe to use and start to reshape the face in the first instance – this is because our Enerpeel skin peel technology works by identifying gene expressions.
The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology have a medical medical review of the various skin peels available and their applications.
What is Skin Peel Treatment?
Skin peel treatment involves the removal of the top layers of your skin using specially-formulated chemical solutions. When the skin grows back afterwards, it has a more youthful look and feel and is much smoother.
There are different kinds of chemical peels, categorised by how deep and intensive they are.
Superficial Chemical Peels
- Cells in the epidermis or top layer of skin are removed
- They are applied and only left on your skin for a short length of time
- You may feel a tight sensation in your skin for a few hours after treatment
- You need to treatment regularly to maintain its effects
Medium Chemical Peels
- Cells from the middle and top layers are both removed
- The chemical solution is applied and left for a short length of time before being removed
- You are likely to feel a stinging or burning sensation while the chemical peel is on your face
- The treated skin may be red or brown in colour for a number of days following treatment
- Your skin may take as long as 6 weeks to return to normal
- You need to have this type of chemical peel treatment as often as 6 to 12 weeks to maintain its effects
Deep Chemical Peels
- These are used to target problems affecting the very deepest layers of your skin
- You may need to have a sedative and local anaesthetic to numb pain you experience
- This chemical peel can be applied directly to your face and left for as much as 30 minutes or even more
- Your blood pressure and heart may be monitored throughout the treatment
- You will experience a degree of discomfort, redness and peeling for a few days after treatment
- Swelling may last as long as 2 weeks after treatment, and redness you experience may last as long as 3 months
- As deeper and intensive chemical peels can cause your skin tone to lighten, they are not ideal for people with darker skin
- As the effects last for a long time, you do not usually need repeat additional treatments
How Much Does Skin Peel Treatment Cost?
As there are two distinct forms of chemical skin peels, the cost can vary.
The extent of the damage you are looking to correct and the results you are looking for from a chemical peel can also factor into the cost.
As gentler, less deep and permanent peels are likely to cost less, compared to more intensive, longer-lasting deeper peels.
Our mild peels start from £150. With deeper peels costing up to £400. Discounts are available for courses of treatments which we recommend for the most effective result.
What Can We Treat With Skin Peels?
Skin peels can be used in a variety of ways and to treat a wide range of skin conditions and problems, such as:
- Helping the skin to absorb other products used for skin care
- Brightening the tone of your skin
- Reducing or eliminating acne
- Reducing the depth of acne scarring or wrinkles
- Unclogging blocked pores
- Facial rejuvenation
- Hyperpigmentation and various other skin disorders and discolorations
- Deep-reaching chemical skin exfoliation
What Different Types of Chemical Peels Are Available?
Pyruvic Acid – 50%
This chemical peel can be used to treat a very broad range of skin issues, including wrinkle and fine line reduction and hyperpigmentation. It has also been noted as an effective treatment for patients who are suffering from acne and works well as an alternative form of treatment for anyone with a sensitivity to Salicylic Acid(the next chemical peel to be mentioned).
Salicylic Acid – 30%
Salicylic Acid is a chemical peel that helps with the reduction of the skin’s oil production. It is specifically designed as an acne treatment and is effective during acne’s inflammatory phase.
MAndelic Acid – 40%
This is a chemical peel with antibacterial properties which are effective as a treatment for anyone suffering from skin reddening and conditions like rosacea. As well as working as an effective exfoliator, it can also significantly increase vascular regeneration and turnover.
Before and After Treatment:
Our team at Linia Skin is ready and happy to answer any questions you may have about these treatments. Don’t hesitate to contact us now if you have any queries or would like to book an appointment at our clinic.
* Every patient is a unique individual and every surgery has unique aspects. Therefore, results may vary. To read our full disclaimer please click here.